Friday, November 16, 2012

More Misadventures

I am starting to think I need to change the name of my blog.  It needs to be Adventures of a Frog and Monkey and Misadventures of a Ladybug. 

My poor ladybug has officially broken her second bone before she turned two.  This time she decided to help close the sliding door on her grandma's car and at the last minute lost her marbles or something so she put her hand back in the door. 





Upon seeing the damage I decided meh, better safe than sorry lets get it checked out.

As much as baby's bounce, they dont handle crushing well.  Off we went to the Dr. who sent us to x-ray where after only 20 minutes of screaming bloody murder and threatening to tie her down we got this lovely picture of ladybug's hand.
 
Take a moment to absorb all the empty space between bones.  Kinda cool huh?  Ok now check out the broken finger.  The Arrow points to the break. 

All in all it took us 3 hours at the various Dr's offices.  Ladybug was a champ the entire time, though I think I would have gone insane without the ability to pull up Elmo on youtube.  She was running around and pushing elevator buttons with her broken finger and all.  Tough little girl there, or not all there depending on your outlook.

And by the way, do you  know what they do for a toddler that has broken a finger?  I didn't.  They cast it.  No big deal, but since toddlers are squirmy excape artests supreme, they have to go to extreme measures to immobilize the finger. 

And I mean extreme...

 
It's hard work waiting for Dr's and then getting a cast that goes all the way above the elbow.

 
Our Christmas pictures this year are going to be a bit different.
 
 
 
PS; My goal for 2013- That the baby makes it the entire year without any broken bones. One can dream right?

No comments: