Monday, May 2, 2011

Solomn Thoughts

Last night I got about a half billion CNN update notifications on my phone. Each and every one of them was about how Navy SEAL's have shot Osama Bin Laden and he is dead. The information is all over social networking sites, on the news, and on the radio. Now I understand how this man has been on the top of most wanted lists for the past 10 years. Bin Laden’s teachings have led to horrible actions in the US and in other lands. This individual has contributed to the murder of thousands. With these facts, I present my thoughts and opinions.

1. Osama Bin Laden needed to be killed. I say this not for Justice- it is not for me to judge. He needed to be killed to prevent him from contributing toward more acts of terrorism. God gave us free will. He also gave us the ability to defend ourselves against the free will of others.
2. I do not enjoy the fact he had to be killed. As it says in the bible, "Rejoice not when your enemy falls, and when he stumbles let not your heart exult" Proverbs 24:17. I mourn the loss of life. As I have told my children there are no bad people only bad choices. This man made many bad choices in his life, and I believe he will have to pay for them. I do not "rejoice" when I have to discipline my children for their bad choices, and I will not rejoice that actions had to be taken due to Osama's bad choices.
3. My prayers go out to all people that have been affected by this man’s actions, especially the Navy SEAL's that took part in the final eradication. These brave SEAL's will have the burden of killing someone on their own souls. Though their actions are just- they are not easy, and the burden will not be easily carried.
4. This will not end war in the Middle East. We have removed one piece in this massive game of chess but the game is not won. We still will lose brave men and women to the war. People will still have to mourn their losses. This man was teaching a belief. He was not the only person to believe it.

Thoughts to ponder… Now I get to go discuss with my children who this man was and why he made bad choices. I have to work on reassuring them that this will not impact their lives, even though their Mom and Step-Dad are in the military.

No comments: