


What did I tell you? Adorable right? Big T looks so grown up and handsome. I think he is an awesome boy. Big K just has that sweet little boy face still, though it is starting to turn into that big boy face. Little E is the most precious baby girl ever. She has so much hair, and beautiful blue eyes.
So WHY THE HECK do people torture their children in the name of beauty?!?! Ok, I admit the parents aren’t very smart. Hmmm lets go on TV and admit how I torture my child. CSP won't get involved, honest. But still. These poor girls!
This first article is from a few months ago.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/14/toddlers-tiaras-mom-eyebrow-wax_n_809192.html
The darling daughter in this video is five. F...I...V...E At five a child has a hard time tying their shoes, picking clothes for school, picking what they want for lunch, heck even picking what toy they want from the toy store... and this mom is getting her daughters EYEBROWS WAXED! Poor child. As an adult, I don’t even wax my eyebrows. I tried it once. It HURT! Poor abused child.
This second article is from just recently.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/mom-year-daughter-botox-young-young/story?id=13580804
BOTOX TO AN 8 YEAR OLD. I will give you a minute to go throw up. Yep make sure you use mouth wash... So back to the article, Yeah, she has wrinkles... really? She is 8. Her skin is probably as perfect as it will ever be. What type of self image is this mother giving her poor daughter. "Honey, you aren’t worth anything because you have wrinkles... I know you can’t see them, but they are there. You aren’t pretty, and looks are everything."
All kidding aside, these parents are psychologically abusing their daughters. At 5, I worried about riding my bike, getting my brother to do things for me and would I make friends when we moved to a new country. At 8 I worried about riding my bike, getting my brother to do things for me and would I make friends when we moved to a new country. Notice a pattern here? I was a child and I worried about childish things. I don’t think I even acknowledged the fact I had eyebrows, let alone wanted to wax them. I still don’t acknowledge having wrinkles… and I turn 30 in two weeks. The abuse these parents are subjugating their daughters to makes me sick. Is it any wonder our teenage girls are having issues with anorexia, bulimia, and depression? If I spent my entire life being told I wasn’t pretty enough and beauty was everything, I would be depressed as well.
Little E, My beautiful baby girl - Beauty is ONLY skin deep. No-one cares what you look like, they care about the person you are inside. And if you ever want to know? You are beautiful. On the inside and out.
No comments:
Post a Comment